TYD's Weekly Top 5 is here to give you a dose of wellness, love and inspiration. This week find out what the Cool Kids are doing, the best Fall hikes, how to stay 100% on your game and more...
1. Stay Fueled.
Our days are busy, our weeks are packed, staying sharp and fueled, body and mind, is more important than ever. Snacking--we're told so many contradicting tips: Do it. Don’t do it. Only in the afternoon... Whatever you do, don’t make it one more thing that stresses you out. Read here how to do the right way.
2. Leaf Peepers Unite!
Fall is the perfect time to strap up your laces and get out there. Rent a zip car, hop on the train, grab a comfy sweater + some wool socks and check out these great hikes. Or chase the views. That fresh air will do you a lot of good. Trust us.
3. The Cool Kids.
Creating a community for yourself outside of work and maybe even outside of your regular crew is important for many reasons. It's refreshing, bringing in new perspectives and bringing out new sides of yourself. Introducing the Cool Fit Club. Let these good-hearted, energetic souls be your reason to get out of bed early.
4. NYC This Weekend.
Be active and cultured with these 2 ways to explore Brooklyn this weekend:
- If running is your thing... Williamsburg Street Art Run.
- October 29 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am. OrangeTheory Fitness Williamsburg. 157 Kent Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11249United States
- If walking is more your speed...Graffiti and Street Art Tour.
- October 29 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm. 30 Wyckoff Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11237United States.
I was recently talking with a friend about our Insta-Thumb. Yup, thumbs getting sore from Instagram scrolling and all that phone action. It’s ridiculous and sad, but it’s real. Try this:
Wrist Release Stretch.
Standing or seated:
- Reach arm straight out, parallel to the ground.
- Flex your wrists back, fingers pointing towards ground, palm facing forward.
- Spreading your fingers wide, gently pull back on your thumb. Find the sweet spot. Hold for a few breaths.
- Stretch the wrist forward so it's not just coming from the fingers. Make sure shoulders are not scrunching and tensing towards your ears. Hey, and relax!
- Move on to the pointer finger, the middle finger, and so on, holding each finger for a few breaths. Keep those fingers spread wide!
- Repeat on the second side. Roll out the wrists a few times in each direction to complete the stretch.